Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon



Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon
Variety:  Chardonnay/Semillon
Region:  South Australia
Country:  Australia
Year:  2008
Price:  $5.95
Shop Review:  Gotham’s 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish.
Personal Review:  When I heard Australian take on the Chardonnay Semillon blend I was intrigued but was quickly disappointed upon smelling it.  It smelled like I would not like it and I did not.  It was bitter and the aromas and tastes of butterscotch mixed with melon and apricot were confusing and did not complement each other well.  I am not sure what the guava did to this as I do not know what guava tastes or smells like.
Food Paring:  Not tasted with food
 

No comments:

Post a Comment